Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School

That's it, they're officially too grown up! These two left for school this morning and while I didn't get emotional at all, I certainly noticed how grown up they looked.

Miss Mally had me straighten her hair last night. I couldn't believe how long it is, or how red it is starting to look. She was born a redhead, then it went to blond and now it's starting to turn light red again.
Hannah needed a new hair-do for middle school, so she got her cut short just last weekend. She loves short hair and I don't mind it on her, however Rusty freaks out everytime she does it, which she gets a kick out of. You can't see it, but they both have the feathers in their hair as well. Oh dear. This is one of those fashion fads that I know will eventually fade and one day they will look back and laugh about the time they did this.
Me and this little sweetie have a whole day to ourselves. I don't know what we're going to do yet. She's was pretty sad about her big sisters leaving today, but it'll make her so happy when they get off the bus this afternoon.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are growing up so fast Sarah! I know I look back on some questionable fashions when we young and think what was I thinking, lol but they are great memories regaurdless. Hope the girls had a first great day of school and all of you are fantastic.

A. Ellison

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous girls!!! I can't believe how grown up Hannah & Mallorie are. Remember the beads braided in your hair from the summer visit to Panama City? You & Becky thought you were so cool...were you the first ones at school to have them? Fads are what's great about growing up. We had neon colored fish net hose, hip huggers, bell bottoms, and crop tops & those fashions have come around again! The only one that hasn't come back is the knit fabric that was so hot because it didn't let your skin breathe. Thanks for blogging! Love Mom