Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Goodbye Sleeping-In

Oh how the summer has flown. School for my big girls starts tomorrow and I don't know whether to be happy or sad about my girls being gone most of the day. I do know one thing that I am so happy about; Mallorie is actually excited about starting school. First. Time. EVER! Hannah is always excited to start school so I never have any issue with her, but for Mallorie it is always a struggle and now she's almost giddy. What a true blessing, and I mean that whole-heartedly!

I've been meaning to do summer upkeep on this blog so you could see what we've been up to, but it all got away from me. We've been so busy, good busy, and spending a lot of time with family and each other doing all of the stuff we love.

Anyway, I'll have pictures posted tomorrow along with the obligatory first day of school pictures of Hannah and Mally. Sadly, neither girl wants me to take them to school tomorrow for their first day. Oh how broken my heart feels today, but in a good way I guess. I just knew Mally would want me to take her, but I guess she's finally over having me with her all the time. boohoo!

I hope your summers are going well. We get a shower around here several times a week and I watch as my home state of Texas gets nothing but hot sun. I don't even remember what 112 degrees feels like, but I don't want to find out anytime soon either, hopefully it'll cool off by Christmas, ha. We've got work to do today. Hanging by the pool for our last day of summer, painting fingers and toes and then straightening Mally's hair for her first day...pray for me people. I better get going, it's the last night of summer break and I want to have some fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy first day of school tomorrow for Hannah & Mallie!!! I know they will have lots to talk about tomorrow. Love ya. MOM