Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Swimmin' Baby

I had to share this picture today. Ava has never wanted a pacifier. Even as a tiny baby, she never cared for them. She found this on today in her toy box and had to have it. It was one of those times when I chose my battle and so I chose not to battle to make her stop sucking on it. She even took it to the school for Mally's party this afternoon. I think at this point tonight she has forgotten about it, but we'll see. She never stops making me laugh!
IMAG0053



Two posts in one week? I know it shouldn't be this shocking, but even I'm shocked at this point. I just finally feel like I can breathe from all the school stuff going on, so I guess that puts me in a writing mood. I am tired though. We stayed at the pool from 4pm until 8pm because their school friends just kept showing up and I just didn't have the heart to make them leave. They were having so much fun. Even Ava had a blast. And since our local Chik-fil-a has a kids eat free on Tuesday night deal, I had a great night not cooking, so a good time was had by all.
IMAG0060

Look at this big 2 year old wearing floaties! I mean it when I say is not scared of the water. But don't worry, we were right next to her the entire time she was anywhere near the water and always with her in the water. She gets so mad at us when we try to help her swim so I was pretty proud of her when she figured out how to use these floaties. You should have seen how proud she was of herself!



I'm sitting here watching the weather radar and just trying relax, being thankful that I am not in the middle of all that, but also thinking of all of our family and friends who ARE in the middle of it. My heart is really aching for all the places getting hit. Memories of being scared to death during tornado season every year keep resurfacing. I love storms, I enjoy watching the sky and watching the beauty of the storms changing so quickly, but once the sirens go off I get scared. Living in Kansas, the sirens went off a lot. Rusty and I were just saying tonight that we were so thankful that a tornado never hit any of the houses we lived in because so many of them were so old and dumpy, ha. Especially our first college married apartment....I'm pretty sure they were barely standing when we lived there. Anyway, my point was, it's just so hard to sit and watch all of it happen and know that there is nothing you can do but pray for the people in the path of the storm.

I guess I'd better get to bed. Mallorie's friends are coming to spend the night tomorrow for the last day of school celebration and that means snacks, swimming, lots of screaming, and late night movies. I know they'll have a lot of fun, but I'm going to need my rest. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. 

No comments: