Here's Ava's Little Red Riding Hood costume. It's the first big thing I've made and I'm sorta, kinda proud. Of course, if you looked super close you would see my uneven stitches and my total mess up places, but I figured everything out and finished it and am pretty proud of it.
The hood goes on top of her head, but Ava wasn't feeling it at the time. I got the hooded cape instructions from Martha Stewart's page. I had a hard time following the directions listed on the page for the cape, but I was able to come up with my own. I wasn't 100% happy with the end results of the cape, but it will work. The fabric I used was felt, I thought it gave a nice soft and warm feel to the cape. And that it would hang well.