Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Fancy Fingers

I took a week off from blogging. I was in a funk. Didn't take a picture, honestly didn't do much of anything. Just wanted to rest all week. I didn't even do my jogging. This last weekend we rested and relaxed and I feel so much better. Rusty was gone all week last week, having to travel back to California for some training, so it made for a very long week.

I did finish working on the pictures I took of my sister's new little one. These are two of my favorites.

She's so, so cute! I hope she doesn't mind that I'm posting these cause I didn't ask. She'll get over it, I'm a proud aunt and I have to show off this little cutie!

Ava turned 20 months last week. And within the past two weeks she has started talking so much. With words we can actually understand, and she finally broke down that "B" sound barrier that she had. So now words like baby are no longer impossible to understand. She's such a big kid now, even asking for chapstick and hand sanitizer. Good grief.

Last night she painted her own fingernails. I wish I could say I was a.)proud and b.)joking.


Some might be asking themselves: Gee Sarah, why weren't you watching her?

Well, Rusty was upstairs with her, so I thought he was watching her. Obviously NOT.
Another question you might be thinking: Well, why was the fingernail polish within her reach?

It wasn't. I put it up on my bathroom sink earlier in the day and thought she wouldn't be able to reach it. Obviously I was WRONG.
It's in my carpet.
Sadly, but maybe not surprisingly, I've been through this before with Hannah and Mallorie. When they were little they got red fingernail polish all over our carpet. I laid down on the floor and meticulously trimmed every bit of fingernail polish out of the carpet so that it wouldn't be noticeable. And that is exactly what I'm going to do this time. I know it works and I don't have to worry about taking the color out of the carpet.

Speaking of Hannah and Mallorie, they are doing so good. We hit a rough patch with Hannah a couple of weeks ago missing her friends in California, but it was over quickly and she's making friends out here. I went with Mallorie to her new friends house to meet her mom and had such a good time. Turned out that Hannah sits next to Mallorie's friend's brother in her class. So they had fun all playing together.

We've been going to a church here for three weeks in a row. The kids really enjoy it and Rusty and i have been enjoying the sermons. It's a big church and while the worship team is amazing, it's a bit more "showy" than we're used to, but it's also really good and easy to worship to. And the most amazing thing of all is that Ava actually wants to go to nursery. It took a few weeks, but she doesn't cry anymore and when we ask if she wants to go play, she answers yes. Ah, so nice. It makes me so happy to see her go right in and start playing.

I took Ava with me to the grocery store today. I knew it would be a challenge, but I had to buy groceries, so I had no choice. The cart I got was brand new and was built with a frazzled mom in mind. There was a little car under the cart, with simple locks on the outside of the doors and a tv inside the car (fancy!). It held Ava's attention for about 30 minutes, but after that, all bets were off. She was not bad, but wanted to out. Then after a while of that it turned into a war of the wills and I eventually lost. She was at the freaking out stage. I ended up checking out and realizing I didn't get everything I needed. So we're going again tomorrow, but this time to a different grocery store. I may try to find our Trader Joe's, my fave!

These terrible two's are going to be a challenge, but I'm not giving up. Hannah and Mallorie are just now getting out of that stage, just kidding (sort of), and now we're just in the awful talking back and ugly attitudes stage. I can't imagine having more than one toddler at a time.

I better get to bed, Rusty SAYS he is going to get up early with me in the morning and go on my jog with me. We'll see. Every time he says that he never goes. He has more excuses than I do. I just don't like going early in the morning before the sun is up. I got scared by a bunny the other day, so you can only imagine what a wimp I am.

I hope you have a good day today. I think I'm going to try to capture some the "fall" around here. There are some bright yellows and reds around. Have a great day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

REMEMBER the hot bowl of gravy your sister pulled off the table. I know I put it @ the middle of the table & she got to it, burned her arm.....the mad dash to the hospital?!?!?! I don't know how they do it, but toddlers can reach anything!!! Good luck with your jog. I'll ask you later if Rusty did his share. Love you MOM