Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Girly Girls

Last night we had a girls only, no boys allowed, vegetarian dinner outside on the back porch. The weather is so nice here and the girls were so excited to get to set the table and have a semi-fancy dinner. We ate on my mix match antique china and drank Kool-Aid from our cutie pie Princess House glasses. We are so fancy, Rusty would never understand.

We had cheese ravioli and cheese stuffed tortellini with marinara sauce and of course, our favorite salad, Caprese. Here's the recipe for that, in case you want to try it. Even Hannah ate the tomatoes, and she usually won't touch them.

Miss Ava even had a good time. She hardly eats, but that's ok. I was finally able to get her to take a few bites and then she was off to run and play in the back yard.
After dinner I made them do some work in the yard. They had messed up quite a bit of stuff the other day and I made them fix it. I'm a mean mom. Thankfully they had fun getting to use the rake.
As we were going in after eating, I caught a nice picture of the sky. The colors were so vibrant and beautiful.
We had so much fun and plan on eating outside again tonight. This time though, I think we'll have some lemon herb chicken and veggies. Yum!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...sounds like a good "girly" dinner to me. I would have enjoyed it too. Gorgeous sunset. Enjoy your outside supper tonight too.
Love MOM