Monday, September 6, 2010

Gettin' Going

We had a nice Labor Day weekend and hope you did as well.

Saturday night we went to the park in our neighborhood and had lots of fun. It got dark a little sooner than we were expecting, but it was so nice outside we weren't going to complain. And that's another thing, it never got over 82 degrees all weekend, it was just beautiful here. Going out early in the morning gave me a chill and I loved it!

Oh and another thing, we HAD to watch Texas play this weekend and I'll be honest, I'm a little bit nervous for them this year. I love to watch college football with Rusty. It has become our thing, which he doesn't seem to mind. Atleast now he doesn't have to fight for the remote! Tonight we're watching Boise State hopefully kick Virginia Tech's butts. I get too nervous in these close games.

I started my Couch Potato to 5k this morning. Hannah and Mallorie wanted to go with me so I took them too. It didn't go very well. They didn't like it one bit and got sick of it very quick. We do have quite a few hills in our neighborhood and that is tiring, but even though they didn't jog everytime, they did finish and I was proud of them for that.

I loved the program. Granted, I've only done the first workout. Basically week one is simple. You run 60 seconds then walk 90 seconds eight times. With a 5 minute warm up and cool down. So thirty minutes. When you're out of shape and just getting back into an exercise program it felt good to build up your heart rate and then have a quick cool down. I want to run in the Turkey Trot with my sister this Thanksgiving, so hopefully if I stick to it, I'll be able to.
We took Ava in her jogging stroller and she did well. About half way through the workout she started trying to get out, but figured out I wouldn't let her so she gave up. Since Hannah and Mallorie wouldn't do the whole program and we had to walk half of it, I think I will take Ava out again in the morning and try again. This time earlier in the morning when it's cooler and maybe she'll go back to sleep.
Another thing we will be doing tomorrow is heading to the gym. I want to tour it and let Ava check out the nursery so she can start getting used to it. For the first few times I'll probably take the big girls so they can stay in the nursery with her. Hopefully she'll like it and get used to it quickly.
So I have to confess something. Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church then got out to my car and my tire was really low (stinkin' nail). Then we switched the carseat to Rusty's car. Headed to church, which was forever away and realized we were going to be walking in late. I hate being late. I seriously feel like hyperventilating just thinking about it. Plus I didn't want Hannah and Mallorie to have to walk into a new kids group late and have everyone looking at them.

Instead we had our own Bible Study about obedience and putting on your Spiritual Armor and went and had brunch at Steak 'n Shake. Then we headed to the Mall of Georgia, which wasn't as impressive as I was hoping. We had a good time, and the kids were tired, so we did good. I scored some new Saucony's to start working out with.

Monday was seriously a day of rest and relaxation (after our morning workout), which was great. I'm ready to get this week going so I can go see my family at the end of the week...ALONE. Baby Holly, hope you're here by then so I can give billions of hugs, kisses and snuggles!

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud for you; do you need a stopwatch for the 5K program you're doing? Hope the girls continue with you. See you Friday. Love MOM