Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Company

The last guests of our summer have left. The house is so quiet. I hate that empty feeling when people leave your house. Like all the sounds and voices that were there only a split second ago just disappear and your left feeling like you should be doing something, but not really sure what.


Our guests were Rusty's sister, her hubby and their little monster, Tyler. My gosh he's cute. And rotten. And funny. He and Ava got along so well. She's finally to the age where she's getting a bit bossy and he's not quite sure how to fight back for the toys she steals from him. He'll get there soon. Christmas should be very interesting. But wherever he went, she was right there with him. So cute!

We went several fun places and just hung out and enjoyed their laid back conversation. The weather was hot and humid, but we swam and turned up the ac and that helped us survive. I took so many pictures this weekend, but as I looked back through them I realized that Tyler was so fast that many of his would have a blurry spot in them of his hand or foot. Boys are so much different than girls. Ava, much like Hannah and Mallorie were, is very careful and it's easy to catch her attention. Tyler was a fast moving little guy who would only look at me when I made weird noises or did something very silly. I did get a few pics of them that I thought were cool. Not many of the babies together though.
Two very short persons stole the strawberries from the fridge when we weren't looking (they liked playing with the light button so we didn't think to see if they were grabbing food). As you can see, they ended up all over the floor. A few bites made it into their mouths.
Possibly one of my favorite pictures of Tyler. Every time I look at it I laugh.
And the same goes for this one of Ava. She wasn't mad, she was in LaLa land. She goes there quite often.
It rained Friday and I loved this pic I got of Mallorie trying to catch the rain in her mouth.
So we went to a place called Stone Mountain. Kind of an amusement park, but with no rides. That's the only way I know to describe it. Anyway, there was this challenging ropes type course, but instead of using team work you depend solely on yourself. Hannah was as usual a pro. She sped through it with ease.
Just to give you and idea of how high it was. This wasn't even the highest level.
Mallorie was a bit scared and had a hard time at first, but she finished the entire course. I was so proud of her for not quitting. Rusty and Jared even admitted that it was a little hard to feel that they had their footing a few times.
The also rode this:
I did not ride this death contraption to the top of the mountain. I don't care. I admit it. I was scared. A frady cat. An L7 wienie. Say what you will, but this just makes my feel like I'm going to die.

Sometime in the last couple of years I have become less and less confident when it comes to doing stuff like this. Heights don't scare me when I have a hard surface under me. But when you're hanging from a cord in a box over certain death. Well, I can't say that I have any good images come to my mind about what is going to happen. I got in the square death box and immediately got off. I know the chances of something happening are probably non-existent, but I don't really care. I would rather get off then have a full on panic attack and be embarrassed in front of a bunch of people. 

The kids had a lot of fun and we enjoyed just walking around and the beautiful laser and fireworks show at the end of the night. I know we will want to go back. Preferably when it's cooler.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~Blessings~

No comments: