Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Late Father's Day

It's almost time for me to pick up the girls from school and Ava is peacefully sleeping in my bed for her nap, so I thought it would be a great time to get on here and post. Plus, I have to say that for almost the first time ever, Ava slept through me washing dishes, so I got some cleaning done today while she was napping. Yay!

I didn't post yesterday on Father's Day and I meant to, so after being so inspired by so many sweet posts by others, I wanted to put a little piece on here about my dad.

Dad,
You taught me about honesty. That is my favorite virtue that I remember being instilled in me from a very young age. As an adult with little ones of my own, I strive for it to be one of our highest priorities to teach them.
You showed me how to make others feel loved and important. The countless hours you spent running with us, teaching us every sport we wanted to play, helping with science experiments and so much more. I cannot express how special that was to me. I can only hope that my kids have that same memory of me when they are older.
You taught me the importance of putting Christ first. Prayer is essential. Reading the Word is something that must be done. If I never heard a word you said to me, I learned by example. You read every night and our at home Bible studies and family prayer were always done and it is a beautiful memory that I have and will forever strive to do in my home.
I guess that brings me to my next favorite thing. You walked the walk. If you wanted something done, you would do it yourself. You were never lazy or whiny. You just did it. I wish I was more like that.
This is only a short amount of things that I can think to thank you for right now. You were an amazing dad and I think you are the very best grandad my girls could ever have.
I love you so much! Happy Dad's Day

Was that too sappy? Hope not, just wanted to say Thanks Dad!

I hope you are all having a great start to the week. I am packing, packing, packing and cleaning like a mad woman so I won't have so much to do when we get ready to load the boxes in a couple of weeks. Our garage sale was a huge success and we were able to get rid of all of our big appliances so we won't have to take them all. They needed to go, some o them had a little rust on them. We hadn't used them in about two years and had no idea that they weren't looking so great.
This week we get to go on vaca and I am so ready for a few days to hang with my family. Then it's off to find a house! I'm so excited!!

Have a wonderful day.
~Blessings~

No comments: