Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saturday Round-up

We had such a great Saturday. For the first part of the day we were totally lazy. I made homemade waffles, which were so good. Ava got to eat some with some vanilla yogurt to dip the pieces in.We watched a few episodes of Survivor Man and Man vs. Wild. So of course our spaghetti for lunch was really worms and snakes, and the meatballs were of course eyeballs. Gross, I know, but at least they were surviving. Otherwise they were going to starve to death in the wilds of the park!!

Rusty took the girls to the park while I went to my final art class. I was kind of sad, but I learned so much and had a great time.

He took the camera with him, but of course, he didn't have the SD card with him. He has me to thank for that. Apparently Ava went up to some strangers, with Rusty watching, and asked for their ball to play with. She's so funny. They let her play with it. How could they say no? She was wearing dog ears and she has huge blue eyes with dimples when she smiles. Cute!

I guess she also took off trying to run down a hill and face planted, but didn't cry. Instead she tried spitting the grass and dirt out of her mouth. It's her new thing. She spits everything. If we try to slip her some meat, she spits it out immediately. I don't know if she doesn't like it or if it's just too tough, but she refuses to eat red meat.

Hannah and Mallorie wouldn't hang out with Rusty at all. They were too busy playing Survivor Man. Climbing trees, foraging for food, trying to stay warm. From what I hear, it was serious stuff! They're so funny.

If you notice the top of my blog, I added some menu items to the top so that you can more easily access my other pages. That is, if you want to. My Salty Chocolate Recipes Blog is up there and so is Rusty's Mayday Blog. He hasn't written anything yet, but will be soon. I'll add more tabs up there soon, but for now I'm trying to figure everything out and make things easier.

Be sure to check out my Recipe Blog this time, it has a great tutorial for making homemade butter. I found the recipe on Prudent Baby and the end results were a hit!

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing Sunday. We're off to church and then to the park later in the day for a picnic. We haven't done this in so long, I know we'll have a great day.
~Blessings~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your assistant did such a great job making the butter..I bet she had a blast squishing the creamy butter through her fingers.
What's your next project? Love MOM