Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Meet Ruby

Here's what I bought yesterday. I told you it was totally cute. It's just a cutout painted with chalkboard paint. They had other animals, but I loved the rooster, it just goes better with my kitchen.
I wanted to share these pictures. Mallorie drew them both. The one on the left she drew for me when I was about to have Ava. The other one she drew at school and if I am not mistaken, I think it's a self portrait.
I love these being in my kitchen. They fit perfectly on the small cabinets.
Now I'd like to introduce you to Ruby. Rusty bought her for me for my birthday. I love her. She's been a lot of fun to use. And that weird brown thing on the left side of the picture is just a sweet potato. It looks strange, so I thought you might be wondering.
So far, I've made several batches of cookies and then the other night I used it to mix the ground turkey with all the seasonings for my meatloaf and meatballs. Worked great and I am so happy to have this. I've wanted one for so long.
We didn't do anything today, the wind is just super crazy here right now. I drank coffee way too late tonight so I am going to go reorganize something. If nothing else I'll get sleepy fast!
I hope you have a great Friday. I am so thankful the weekend is here. We can finally spend some time with Rusty, he's been working late nearly every night for the past two weeks. It's not a bad thing, just strange not seeing him until almost 8 when he leaves at 7:30.
~Blessings~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chalkboard rooster is too cute
What a neat way to leave a msg. or sit it on the table announcing the dinner menu...so when the girls come home, you won't hear the famous "what's for dinner tonight", they'll just look at your announcement. Too Neat & a awesome find!!! Have a good day. SIX did you hear that, 6 more days 'til I arrive in Calif. Yeah. Love ya. MOM

sbeudy said...

So cute Sarah. I want one of the mixers too. I am going to have to tell Andy to get me one.