Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Zippity-Doo-Da

It's Friday. I don't know when it got here, but it feels like it came fast!

Mallorie had to be sent home from school today because of a fever. She didn't feel very good in her tummy this morning, but soon seemed to feel fine. I guess it was just a matter of time before she would feel really sick. Hopefully it won't be anything too serious, but with all that is going around, you just never know. However, I hope we don't all get sick, so I'll be working overtime to keep everyone well. So far, we all feel fine.

Before I got the call to pick her up from school, Ava and I went and did a bit of damage at Target. It. Was. Thrilling! I haven't been shopping at all lately, so I feel that the restraint I showed was quite remarkable. They had baby bows, headbands, and hats on sale. Oh and since it's almost winter and cold weather season, I bought her some baby boots. Now her fat little cankles will stay warm! Oh yeah, they had tights too. I LOVE fall and winter. You'll probably hear my complain about it at some point when I get sick of the cold house, but otherwise, I love dressing in layers and having the kids in tights and boots. And this year we'll have a very special first birthday to celebrate in the winter. Ava and my Dad have birthdays in February, so hopefully we can be close enough to celebrate them together.

We've been so busy this week. It seems like every night we had something going on. On Tuesday and Wednesday we had wonderful rain and then Wednesday night we ran to Disneyland. It was so much fun. The lines weren't more than 5-10 minutes long and the crowds were easy to handle. We got to ride several rides that we hadn't been able to ride before. Some that were much too babyish for Hannah, but she happily rode them anyway. We also got to go on Splash Mountain. Ava couldn't ride though, so Rusty and I took turns watching her, which means Hannah and Mallorie got to ride twice. They loved it.

We got home so late Wednesday night, but it was worth it. Next time we will leave before the fireworks. That's why it takes so long to get out of there. You get stuck waiting for the tram to take you back to the parking garage.

The wishing well outside of the castle. So cute. We hadn't ever found this either. I'm sure we'll visit it again since Rusty and I didn't have any change for the girls to throw in there.This next picture isn't great, but isn't Sleeping Beauty's castle so pretty?! At night they just make everything look so magical.

We found the entrance to Pixie Hollow and I thought it would be so much more, pretty, but it was cute. I guess that's all it was supposed to be.

Who knows what is going on in this next picture. Everytime we turn around these two are pinching, slapping or something. Usually in fun, but sometimes, not so much.

Look at those two front teeth! My gosh she's a cutie.

I've completely skipped out on posting Ava's 8 month birthday picture. I will do that in a little while, I just haven't had time at this point.

These videos will most likely be boring to everyone besides grandparents, but the girls were just so cute on the Carousel the other night. And when else can I get a video of them all sitting still at once??


I was trying to get her to show you how she claps, but everytime I turned on the camera, she stopped or started looking at the family next to us. It's really precious though, so hopefully she'll do it again for the camera soon.



I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We don't have anything planned except watching Texas (hopefully) beat the tar out of Oklahoma. You know how we roll!!
Blessings..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there to Zippity do-dah with you guys. I am sure there is so much more to see at Disney....to assure many more visits! Hope Mallorie is feeling better & you all stay well. Hugs!
Love MOM P.S. The videos are great.