Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tiny Toofers

We don't do much on our Saturdays. Truth be told, that's the way we like it. We get to just hang out as a family and relax. The kids play outside with their friends, we run errands, have lunch. It's just nice.
This Saturday was no different. Well, unless you count the non-stop screaming baby.
Mallorie told her more than once to shut-up. I ever so sweetly told her we don't say that, especially to a baby who doesn't know how else to communicate. Poor baby.

I posted this picture of Rusty so you can see the look of a pained man. Dealing with four women in the house is hard on him, sure, but add to that one of the women is little, loud and extremely frustrated and in pain and it's all he can do to keep sane! Hah, poor guy.
I was obviously sitting in the back seat when I took that picture of him. Here's what was in the backseat with me:
Granted, she usually cries at night when we go in the car, but this was the middle of the day so she could see everything. But there were a few little things bothering her. 1,2 & 3 being new teeth. All within the week. I knew we had two, but this morning when I put my finger in there to feel around, I found another one!

Those suckers must hurt so bad. Most of the time, she's pretty okay. But every once in a while she just loses it.
Like when her mom is trying to take a picture of her new teeth. I don't know why, but that just seems to irritate her more?!?
Wow, you can see the top tooth so good in this next picture!

Saturday night I had to do some baking for our home group that comes on Sunday nights. Rusty obviously had to watch Ava. When I came out of kitchen I found this:
Pretty ingenious, don't you think? I mean, all dads should have one of these. I should invent one that comes with a controller holder and a drink holder. I'd be a billionaire!!
And, not to leave you without a picture of Mallorie:

No. NONONONO. That's not a BUTT. I promise, I would never post something so scandalous.
One of our dear friends taught her once that if you bend your arm and take a picture where the crease is, well, it looks just like a butt.
Precious.
See, no butts, just elbows.


These videos are so great! First one is of her CRAWLING!!!!
She's been playing around with the idea of crawling, but today she just took off. She isn't confused on how to get around anymore! And yes, Rusty is using a snot sucker thing as a motivation tool.
The second video is of her pulling up. She has been doing this for a while, but I never seem to have my camera handy when she does it. We have to lower her crib mattress now. Everytime we put her in there now she stands up immediately! I can't believe how much she can do now. She's growing so fast.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and great week. I promise to try to blog more this week. I have two big birthdays this week to get ready for. Both on Saturday. Both for my oldest two girls. Hannah will turn 10 and Mallorie will turn 8. I cannot believe it, but here it comes. So, maybe I can do a special post for both of them. I will do my best!

1 comment:

sbeudy said...

BTW Andy said he loved how Rusty watched the baby. :)