Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Jack Frost

We've had our first frost. We wore our heavy winter jackets and boots, but not before Hannah and Mallorie ran outside barefoot and in tank tops to gather leaves with ice all over them. Apparently they didn't get the memo that we're not in Southern California anymore.
The girls put extra blankets on their beds and when they complained about how cold it was in our house I told them that we are living like Amish and to just wear extra clothes to bed. Then I walked into my bathroom and whimpered when my feet touched the tile floor. Fuh-reezing! But I am NOT turning on that heater until I just can't stand it anymore! I'm scared of what it's gonna cost to heat this house.
We're all excited about the upcoming months. Thoughts of snow and hot chocolate. We refuse to think about the danger of ice or the pain frigid winds. We just hope we get a little snow to play in. Yikes, I'm getting ahead of myself, we have Thanksgiving coming and I am so excited to be getting to go home to family for a while. All of us are just counting down the days. Will I brave the Black Friday sales this year? I sincerely hope so. I need to find someone to go with me. Someone who won't mind standing outside in the cold, just for the fun of it. Rusty said he wants to sleep in, and I don't really blame him, most of our shopping will probably be done online this year, I just want to go shopping on Black Friday for fun.

I hope you have a lovely week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First frost is now past tense...MiMi is ready for a new blog. What are the girls doing this week? Love ya. MOM