Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Birthdays and Baby

Before I show some of the pictures from Hannah and Mallorie's birthday, I wanted to show one of the sweet pictures I captured of Becky and her little sweetie, Holly.
Look at this little princess! She makes me want more babies, but my brain tells me otherwise. She is so beautiful and sweet and yummy, and I can't wait to see her again!

Here is something I believe is a precursor to our soon to come "Terrible Two's". She doesn't really cry, just lays in the floor and goes very limp so that when we try to pick her up, it's a struggle. If I didn't love her so much, it would probably be very annoying, but I can't quit laughing when she does it. Is that bad? Probably is, but I don't care, it's hilarious.
She did it while the girls were opening presents and didn't get to play with their new stuff.
And again at the corn maze when she didn't want to go. What a toot.

Anyway, for Hannah and Mallorie's birthdays. We had such a wonderful day. Early up, Rusty made breakfast, went to church and then home for lunch and some cake. Next we were off for the corn maze and then last we decided to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner.
They got lots of cool stuff...they're so rotten, but who cares. I love these two so much that it makes me happy to spoil them, especially on their birthdays!

Mallorie has been asking for this fish for months! It's a huge Rainbow Trout body pillow from Bass Pro Shop and she fell in love with it. She's been carrying it around and sleeping with it since she got it. She's goofy. This is the kid that still sleeps with the Christmas blanket I got years ago. She just likes to hold on to certain things.
 She wasn't really eating this, but it was already out of the husk and it made a fun pic.
I can't believe she's 9! I took her to Beauty and the Beast on Saturday and on the way there told her about the day before she arrived. How I was being induced and she was on her way. She loved hearing all about her big birthday.
Ava had a great time at the maze. She kept up and wasn't whiny at all. She rode on Rusty's shoulders a lot of the day, but otherwise she walked and ran. She loved exploring and touching all the corn.
My two birthday girls. Hannah still hasn't had a growth spurt, she just had on thicker shoes than Mallorie so she looks taller. They're still about the same height.

 I think the temps were in the mid 60's that day, so it was perfect weather to be hanging at the corn field.
This kid was our leader for the maze. We told her she had to be the leader and get us to each checkpoint. After a rocky start (because Rusty tried to get us lost), she did really well and was able to figure out the map.
This little one wasn't much trouble at all and even got to try her very first bite of cotton candy. I think she loved it.

We didn't make it to the apple orchard this weekend, but now we have something to do another weekend. Oh, but I did find a ton of adorable shops, fruit stands, antique stores and boiled peanut stands. So I've already made Rusty promise to take me back that way. He has to try boiled peanuts, he doesn't believe how good they are. Plus, I can't wait to go shopping with my girls!

I have started my second week for Couch Potato to 5k ( I did the first week twice because I didn't feel ready to move on to the second week right away). I feel great while jogging and am looking forward to going in the morning.

Rusty just got home from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for a two hour meeting. He had an awful flight to Vegas where they hit a bad thunderstorm with hail and he said the plane was rocking hard. I couldn't have handled that. I don't like landing at all, but to be rocking and landing would be too much! Now it's back to work, work, work.

This week I've been working my hiney off doing "man chores" and I have news for Rusty....I'm only doing it so that I can go get my hair done and he'll babysit. It's worth the pain! He'd probably let me anyway, but now he'll be happier to let me since he doesn't have to go out there and weed the back yard hill. It was not fun!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe how much H&M have grown! Ava probably didn't understand why she didn't get a present on H&M b-day. Little toot! Your pictures are all great! Thanks for the great story and your opening pic/comments about Miss Holly. Pictures do say a thousand words! Thank you Sarah.
Have a great day...love Mom
P.S. We have another family b-day & anniversary this week, I'll take the pics @ Becky's for you.