Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas #10, #8 & #1

I was thinking tonight about how today was Ava's first Christmas. She won't remember it and doesn't care a bit about what toys she got, or how much was spent. She had such a wonderful day. And as I thought about it being her first Christmas, I realized that today was Hannah's tenth Christmas and Mallorie's eighth Christmas. I don't even know if I remember their first Christmases...they were only a couple of months old. Thankfully we have tons of pictures and we remember spending those days with family. Blessings.

Yes, it may be horrible, but I dressed them all alike in matching PJs for Christmas morning. Not one of them complained. They loved them! Yay!!

Hannah had a great time. She was so much fun and acted so grown up this year. No tears or whining. She loved her gifts and thanked everyone and gave lots of love and affection. Blessings.

I am not sure when she got so big though. We got her some boots and Mimi and Poppie got her some shoes and they were all too small. I even told them what size to buy, 1/2 size up from normal, and they were too small. Her foot is going to be the same size as mine before I know it!

Mallorie also had a wonderful day. She and Rusty got new guitars. They are so excited to learn together. It's all she would talk about for the past couple of months. Doesn't it just bless your heart when you can give your kiddo something they really want. To see the excitement on their faces. Don't get me wrong, there have been years when we couldn't and sometimes I wonder if it's always best to give them exactly what they want, but it is so precious to me to watch my kids faces light up and their eyes get so wide. I love Christmas morning. Blessings.

Oh, and just to throw this out there, Mallorie no longer believes in Santa. While I was sad about it, I know she kind of knew. She kept asking us if he was real. I kept on dismissing it with "Do you believe he's real?" and she would answer yes. I just let it go at that. This last time I told her the truth, but not in a harsh way. I told her she'll still always get "santa" presents from us and that we will still pretend for Ava.

Speaking of Ava.

We had so much fun with her today. She loved her presents, even though we didn't get her a ton of stuff. This little scooter was such entertainment for the day. Until she rolled backwards down our bedroom stairs on it. So sad, but she was okay and she'll live to ride another day. Blessings.

Mimi put a toy in the front of her ride and I couldn't get over how cute it was when she stood on her tippy-toes to get the toy. Just look at those legs! Ahh, so cute! Chubby Blessings.


Thank you God, for my precious children. Every minute is a gift. Thank you for the gift of your son, Christ Jesus. Thank You for sacrificing Your Son. I cannot imagine how Your heart hurt. I love You and praise You for your beautiful gift of LOVE.
~ Amen~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This entry touched me. Blessings to you.