Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

10 Months Old

On Monday, Ava turned 10 months old. I can't believe it. I know I say that every month, but it's so true!


This month she is:
  • Standing for a few seconds unassisted
  • playing Peek-a-boo
  • pretending to talk on the phone
  • learned how to blow kisses tonight!
  • climbing on anything she can put her leg up on
  • saying, dada, momma, hannah (more of anna)
  • eating pretty much anything we eat
  • doesn't care for tv or being alone
  • LOVES music and dances any time she hears it
  • will NOT jump in her johnny jumper, haha
  • showing us she wants something by using signals. It's weird! She puts her hand out and then pulls it back towards herself quickly over and over. She does the same thing to show us something is hers.
  • she pats and rubs our backs or arms to show affection
  • gives out tons of hugs and kisses (my personal fave!)
  • (watch out Mimi! just kidding...picture this face with a big ol' abwa sound. That's her kisses)
  • Oh and one more thing. This may not be a very good thing, but I taught her how to say "ah" and put her hand out. As if she is saying "leave me alone" or "no" in baby talk. It was something funny my dad taught H & M when they were babies, so I wanted Ava to be ready when her Poppie got here for Christmas.
Getting a ten month pic was difficult this month. This is all she wanted to do:

She's quick!

My Mom got here today for the Christmas Holiday and the girls were so happy to see her. Ava took to her immediately and has already given her a bunch of kisses and loved on her quite a bit. She doesn't usually warm up to people that quickly, so we were very pleased.

Hannah and Mallorie had to catch up on homework because they missed school on Tuesday. We all had a NASTY!! stomach virus. One that I would only wish never wish on my worst enemy! I don't even want to talk about it, but let's just say that there was a lot of disinfecting going on in my house today!

Anyway...
Hannah and Mallorie have their first Christmas production tomorrow night and I can hardly wait. We went shopping today after school and got them some gorgeous dresses. They look way too grown up, but so pretty. I'll take lots of pics to show off. They are both dancing as well, so pray for Mallorie, she's known to get nervous! I know she'll do fine though!

Hannah is no where to be seen in these pics because, A) she refuses to pose like a normal human being and B) when she smiled for me in a picture tonight, she would look at me, so the picture looked a little crazy!
Tomorrow WILL be better!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. It hit 70 degrees here today. SoCal is so NOT cold this time of year. Flip flops everyday...
~Blessings~

No comments: