Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just Another Day

We went to the free movie today. It was Nim's Island. Such a cute movie. After that we came home and just hung out until the temperature dropped and we could clean and cook some dinner without sweating to death!

Hannah decided it would be fun to spray Ava with water and comb her hair down. I kind of agree. She looks hilarious! Such cuties.

Look at that face, doesn't it just say, "Mommy, please save me!!"
And yes, that is some drool hanging on the bottom of her chin. It's a constant battle. On a good note, she is eating like a champ, going to bed on her own and becoming increasingly attached to me. Oh, did I say good thing? I meant, to say that those are her milestones right now. If I walk by her without acknowledging her, she cries. Not a bad cry, but a whine for attention. It's quite comical.
The girls and I were outside today and I noticed that my flowers bloomed. These didn't even have stalks the other day and now they are a good two feet high and with big beautiful pink flowers. These are some kind of lilly, I don't think stargazer, but what do I know?

On another good note, Rusty's garden is starting to show some results. We have several squash plants, a corn and a few okra. I am so excited to see them produce their fruits!

So Mally was in one of her cleaning, organizing OCD moods today. She cleaned their bedroom and created a recycling box.
I love this box and don't think I can ever get rid of it. She would fill it with recyclables and dump it into our bin. She's so funny. She has been so helpful lately. Mostly with cleaning or cooking. I know she wants to spend more time with me, so maybe that's what it's all about. Whatever it is, I'm loving it! And we are getting to spend a lot more time together. She does a great job cooking and has a blast! Hannah gets in these moods sometimes too, but lately she's just been wanting to have some alone time without Mally.
Times are a changin'! My girls are growing up and I am glad and sad about it. They are so much fun right now, but at the same time, I am missing them being my little ones. I am so thankful God gave me these two!
Hope you have a great rest of the week!

No comments: