Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day At the Beach

We went to the beach yesterday. It was not a good day for swimming. There was a bad rip current and that is always bad. The lifeguards weren't even letting anyone get in the ocean. They had to help a few teenage girls get out. So the girls played in the sand and Ava hung out with me under the umbrella.

Ava has figured out that there are lots of fun things in the bag I bring with us to the beach. She found diapers, but there was just something she wanted to chew on.


Whew, she found it. She loves to chew on her stuffed animals.
Eventually Mally and Ava took a nap.

Ava passed out. She sleeps so good at the beach. I don't know what it is, but it relaxed her so much.
I decided to give my arms a rest and use Mally as her pillow for a while. As you can see, my leg was Mally's pillow. You can't get more comfy than that.

Speaking of comfy, Hannah buried herself into the sand and relaxed.

The tide starting coming in and she tried really hard to make sure the water would hit her. It never did, so Mallorie took care of it for her and doused her with bucketfuls of water. They had a blast.

Mallorie dug herself a hole as well, but didn't care enough to make it too deep. Especially when pouring water all over your immobile sister is so much more fun!
While leaving, Mallorie wanted to make sure she got her picture taken on this dolphin statue. I haven't taken a picture on this in a few years, so it was fun to take one again.

Hannah didn't care to do the same, but I was able to snap a pic of her before we left. Don't they have nice hair? It's always the best after we leave the beach.
Have a good day today. Hopefully I'll post more often this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, a day at the beach...how peaceful can you get & with 3 Beautful girls too. Ava does look relaxed!!!! Such a life...wish I was there! love you all MOM